Grow Communication – “passionate about unlocking potential”
Grow Communication is a non-profit organisation based in Scotland. Jude Philip and Katy Bennet founded Grow to bring innovative, specialist Speech and Language Therapy to individuals with communication difficulties. We are at a transition point – bringing our work together, to please bear with us while we develop our logo, website, social media, processes. However, we are very much “Open for Business” and we look forward to working with you.
Some of our offerings
- Multi-disciplinary Autism Diagnostic Assessments with clinical psychology using ADOS and DISCO**.
- Support for individuals with autism (across the spectrum and from 18 months to adult – with particular experience with girls with Autism)
- Support for those with complex communication needs (including PMLD, rare genetic syndromes, cerebral palsy and acquired brain injuries)
- Katy and Jude both have a special interest in AAC for all with complex communication needs. We #presumecompetence and offer a range of AAC options including PODD, Aided Language, eye-gaze, high tech apps.
- We support speech sound difficulties, ranging from phonological delays and articulation difficulties ( SpeechBuddy tools),
- We have additional specialist training in Motor Speech Difficulties including Dysarthria (associated with cerebral palsy – Jude is LSVT trained) and Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia/Childhood Apraxia of Speech.
- Selective Mutism – especially where it is associated with Autism.
- We love working with individuals with language delays and Developmental Language Disorders (DLD)
- Also available for Education and other Tribunals and expert reporting
“Jude’s natural ability to empathise and individualise, coupled with her training and experience and vast toolkit, create a gentle, focused therapy”
I strive to help people reach their potential – through careful assessment, tailored therapy, problem-solving, coaching and team-working. I work closely with you to choose goals that are meaningful. Whilst other agencies may be limited to working in schools I am free to work closely with parents/ carers/ other agencies as I believe this is key to success and wellbeing.
*As a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist I am to offer my Specialist SLT and consultancy services across Scotland as required. I also travel to England for focused pieces of work. All support is tailored to your individual circumstances and any travel costs are agreed before first visit.