We have a team of Specialist Speech & Language Therapists with expertise in a range of areas and can support individuals aged 9 months to adulthood. Each therapist has different areas of specialism and when you make contact with us we will identify the right therapist for you.
Your therapist will devise a programme of therapy tailored to you. Our aim to to have open conversation with you about your goals and hopes as well as the concerns and priorities of the young person themselves. Our aim is always to help young people and their families feel supported and empowered and to reach their full potential.
We Offer Support for the Following:
- Language Difficulties
- Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) and Language Disorder associated with other conditions;
- Delayed language development (families can receive input from 9 months of age to support and develop language skills).
- Complex Communication Needs (including learning disabilities, rare genetic syndromes, cerebral palsy and acquired brain injuries)
- Assessment for, and implementation of Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC) including PODD, High-tech devices, eye-gaze & PECS. We believe that all individuals have the right to a robust communication system tailored to them;
- Supporting access to education (e.g. assistive technology & curriculum differentiation);
- Supporting the environment and equipping communication partners (e.g. developing an Inclusive Communication Environment & coaching Aided Language Stimulation).
- Speech Sound Difficulties
- Phonological and articualtion difficulties;
- Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia (DVD)/ Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS). We are able to provide a differential diagnostic assessment service;
- Developmental Dysarthria (for instance associated with Cerebral Palsy);
- Availability of LSVT LOUD and PROMPT therapy approaches.
- Social and Communication Challenges (with or without a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition and for all ages)
- Our approach is fundamentally positive, respectful and strengths-based using individual interests to make connections and empower relationships;
- We have a wide range of tools available – but most importantly we offer a creative and person-led approach;
- We recognise gender differences in relation to Autism Spectrum Conditions and focus on identifying and supporting the individual’s needs.
- Selective Mutism (specialising in where it is alongside Autism Spectrum Condition)
We are also able to offer:
- Training for schools, nurseries and other organisations;
- Assessment and reporting for educational tribunals (where this falls within our areas of specialism);
- Capacity assessments;
- Assessment and reporting for Expert witness (where this falls within our areas of specialism).
|Initial SLT Assessment (up to 90 minutes + short report)||£100|
|SLT Therapy Session (typically 1 hour)||£70-£90|
|Full Language Assessment (circa 5 hours of assessment + report)||£570|
|In some cases families are seeking an assessment that can identify|
Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia (DVD)/ Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS).
Grow offers this detailed assessment in order to make a differential
diagnosis where DVD/ CAS is suspected (circa 5 hours of assessment + report)
|Sessions are usually held at our Polmont clinic but home / school visits are|
available on request. These may involve additional charges as below:
-45p per mile
-1/2 the hourly